Friday, September 6, 2013

File it to the Front!

So last week, I admitted that the Lord is working on my pride.  I once asked my friend (you know who you are!!) Why does it seem the Lord just "takes" some sins/struggles and they are just lifted right off your shoulders never to weigh you down again.....   Then, there are some things that you are constantly praying about and they just keep poppin their ugly head up over and over again ???
She told me, you could picture your sins in a file cabinet drawer, in many, many files and the Lord is just workin on the one He puts in front.  He exposes it to you, and with His help and grace, you recognize it and work through it, and be done with it.  It may not be that annoying "file" I want to work on right now, but,
His timing is perfect!!!
 
 
So, I admit my file cabinet is still quite full, but what made me think about this (besides the fact I was organizing my files for work!! haha)
is that I realized everyone else's is,  too!
 Several times people have said to me, " He or She says they're a Christian, but they can be so mean and grumpy!"  or... "How can they do that if they are a Christian??" 
 I always seem to go with the "we're all human, we all sin, everyone of us"

   "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"    Romans 3:23
Truth. 
But, maybe next time I'll also tell them about that person's file cabinet...maybe that particular file is next or a few folders back...we need to give them some grace - the Lord's not done with them yet!    
(And...we can always pray for Him to file that one to the front, right?!) 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Amen Karen! Glad to find your blog, looking forward to more posts. :)

    ReplyDelete