Friday, July 5, 2013

Freedom

Yesterday we celebrated America's Freedom.  I am so grateful to all the amazing men and women who serve our country and my heart grieves for the families who have lost loved ones in service, each and every one a hero! 
I also think about another freedom, the freedom only found in Christ.  I remember the day, the hour, the minute that I finally gave it all over to Him......the striving to be good enough for the world...the weariness of pretending....the burdens of past hurts, mistakes and failures.....
                   I am free, indeed!!!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden...
                                     and I will give you rest."  
                                                                 ~ Jesus
                                                                Matthew  11:28

No comments:

Post a Comment